Our real-time asset tracking services empower brokers by providing continuous geo-location data throughout the tracking lifecycle. This reduces the need for broker to carrier check calls and supports contractual compliance with shippers through location updates every 15 minutes during transit. We record waypoint arrival and departure times using geofence detection logic, reducing carrier calls for facility information. Our system also provides alerts to keep brokers informed about key events and the progress of their shipments.
Note: Tracking requests can be sent to any carrier with a mobile phone with GPS enabled.
- To initiate a new tracking request in DAT One, navigate to the menu on the left-hand side of the screen and select New Tracking Request
- You will now provide the details that the carrier will need.
- Tracking Details
- Enter a shipment name or ID to uniquely identify the request
- Choose when you want the tracking to begin (eg. 1 hour before Pick Up)
- Enter the driver's phone number. The request will be sent to their phone and enable the phone to be tracked for the duration of the trip.
- Provide the driver's name
- Pick Up
- Here you will provide the location information for the pickup. (eg. Date, Address, Dock Information, etc)
- Drop Off
- Now you ill provide the location information for the drop offNote: If you have more than one pick up or drop off location, you can choose to ADD ANOTHER at the end of those sections.
- Carrier and Dispatcher Information
- Provide information such as the carrier's name, phone number and email.
- Tracking Details
- When finished click/tap the SEND TRACKING REQUEST button
The carrier will now receive a text message to the phone number you provided. They will be prompted to launch the DAT One mobile app (or download it if not already installed). Once signed into the app, the carrier will be able to ACCEPT or DECLINE the request. Once the carrier accepts the request, you will be able to track them from My Shipments under the Active section.